Wind Farm Senior Field Engineer
GE helping solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion, and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. We offer the insight and experience that will help our customers build a brighter energy future for all of us.
As Senior field engineer you will be responsible for overseeing and providing troubleshooting, repair and regular maintenance for the wind farm’s turbines. This is a hands-on role for an energetic wind turbine technician with proven supervisory and planning skills.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
• Preparation of work programs for the timely servicing of assets (GE wind turbines).
• Organize daily work plans for contractors.
• Raise purchase requests for parts, consumables etc. as required.
• Interpret the requirements of GE manuals, specifications, bulletins, work instructions, etc. and devise work plans including all required resources.
• Guide and assist technicians in the proper maintenance and fault finding of assets.
• Regularly inspect in-person the progress and quality of service/repair work.
• Maintain reports using GE’s various software management tools and databases.
• Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the organization’s JSA, LOTO, EHS and associated policies/procedures.
• Report errors, violations, incidents or problems immediately using GE reporting systems.
• Submit enquiries to Engineering to ensure technical issues are resolved.
• Answer questions from management, Engineering, Sourcing, Projects etc. as required.
• Make a conformance or non-conformance decision upon completion of inspections.
Report to Site Services manager and work closely with team to prepare all the required reports and documentation.
As a minimum, you will be either a qualified electrical supervisor or a qualified mechanical fitter with electrical endorsements. You will be proficient fault finding electrical equipment and have high level computer skills.
An ability to complete physically demanding tasks at heights coupled with result orientated approach is essential.
Minimum 5 years of Field engineer experience.
Ability to lead small group of team members.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Thailand; Other Thailand, Nakhon Rachasima, Petchabun, Chaiyaphoom
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
General Electric Jobs