Reporting to the Director Optimization US Pipelines, the Business Manager manages overall customer relationships and optimizes firm and interruptible transmission and storage capacity sales on a short-term basis. Responsible for the design, development and implementation of strategies designed to achieve the Company's goals and objectives for customer service, revenue generation, cash flow optimization, and earnings growth. Has direct responsibility for the following activities: (i) providing seamless interaction with internal and external customers in a highly responsive matter with a focus on providing maximum customer satisfaction, (ii) maintaining and growing existing transmission and storage base revenues through active negotiations with customers, (iii) ensuring thorough knowledge of key business drivers of core customer base, (iv) designing, developing and implementing creative solutions to address day-to-day and broader customer issues, and (v) identifying and executing on expansion (growth) opportunities to further expand base revenues.
* Strive to maximize customer satisfaction while simultaneously achieving department/company goals;
* Manages customer relations and delivers superior customer service;
* Analyzes market/competitor trends to pro-actively identify business threats and opportunities. Develops and implements strategies to address competitive threats and capture business growth/revenue opportunities;
* Customer relationships and knowledge of the Western United States natural gas pipeline systems and power grid;
* Develop and execute strategies designed to drive revenue generation and earnings growth taking into consideration issues such as customer needs, the physical capabilities of the Company s pipeline and storage assets, federal and state regulatory environments as well as broad economic and market trends;
* Directs a variety of commercial matters through strategy development, coordination, and implementation;
* Execute business opportunities and cultivate relationships with new, existing, and potential customers;
* Ensure thorough knowledge of key business drivers impacting core customer base
* Responsible for re-contracting of firm transmission and storage capacity across customer base
* Accountable for the development of strategies to enhance firm capacity sales with individual customers
* Effectively communicate commercial issues and strategies to customers, regulators, Company senior management, and broad commercial/operational teams;
* Evaluates existing tariff requirements and identifies, develops, and implements proposed tariff changes across TransCanada s Western pipeline assets to enhance business opportunities with customers;
* Develops and implements revenue strategies to ensure TransCanada meets or exceeds financial plan commitments; this includes the rapid development and implementation of short-term revenue strategies to eliminate near-term financial gaps;
* Identification and implementation of key Regulatory strategies (through active negotiations with customers);
* Assists management with a wide variety of special studies, reports, data requests, and special projects on an ad-hoc basis;
* Participates in activities related to creating a greater awareness and positive perception of the Company in the marketplace;
* Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
* Excellent team-building skills are mandatory;
* Strong analytical skills are mandatory;
* Demonstrated excellent customer service skills (both internally and externally);
* Thorough understanding of North American energy market, FERC regulation, company tariffs, physical flow of gas, capability of company pipeline/storage assets, company customer base, and energy pricing;
* Requires outstanding communication and negotiation skills;
* Requires a demonstrated ability to identify customer problems and recommend solutions;
* Demonstrated networking capabilities among ability to successfully persuade and influence to obtain buy-in and get results;
* Ability to think strategically and formulate business strategy;
* Ability to analyze large amounts of data and information, form conclusions, and make sound recommendations;
* Ability to operate independently yet collaboratively;
* Ability to analyze and solve complex regulatory and business challenges; basic knowledge and understanding of commodities trading; solid understanding of gas/power interdependencies;
* Requires excellent written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills;
* Proven ability to be innovative, creative and results driven; self-starter.
* Requires a Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or Finance. A Master s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Finance is preferred;
* 3 or more years of work experience in natural gas industry in marketing, gas supply, transmission or related area is required;
* Trading and/or optimization experience is preferred.
* Normal office environment; travel required (50% of the time).
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 06/25/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter Reference Code 51775. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Customer Service Representative, Business Manager, Supply, Engineering, Legal, Customer Service, Management, Operations.
Want to be a sponsor?