National Grid USA
Manager - Gas Complex Construction/Project Management - NY','20180613','!*!About the Position:
To be responsible for the planning, delivery, management and governance of all significant construction projects within the New York jurisdiction, providing leadership and guidance to project managers and ensuring adherence to the highest standards of health, safety, environmental, security and quality.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Ensure all projects continue to be appropriately assessed, designed, planned, resourced and scheduled in a timely and cost effective manner in order to ensure best value for National Grid.
· Review project reports and performance metrics in order to monitor progress according to plan, guide the resolution of any major issues and provide timely updates to senior management.
· Develop and utilize peer group network in order to absorb and apply technical/professional best practice within own area of specialism.
· Work with management and project sponsors to translate business objectives into clearly defined project proposals, scope, costs and schedules in order to support achievement of National Grid’s complex construction initiatives and goals.
· Develop and manage ongoing relationships with regulators associated with assigned portfolio of projects in order to keep them up to date with National Grid’s initiatives and ensure projects are in line with regulatory requirements.
· Build positive relationships with stakeholders, process owners and peers to share best practices and implement consistent project management processes in order to realize significant cost savings, foster innovation within National Grid and avoid operational disruption.
· Work closely with SHE in order to identify and respond appropriately to any potential hazards, incidents or circumstances that impact the safety, well being and working environment of any complex construction projects within own jurisdiction.
· Challenge the existing project management framework to continuously seek ways to do things better, promoting a ‘best practices’ approach to project management in order to achieve National Grid objectives and drive greater efficiencies for the business.
· Lead, motivate and develop a team of project managers, allocate resources and provide the necessary training and coaching in order to develop a performance based culture and ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and business objectives.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience; PMP certification is desired.
· Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; prior experience in a large and complex project management capacity is required.
· In-depth knowledge and experience in engineering and construction with thorough understanding of utility construction practices and operations.
· Good understanding of National Grid’s operations and the regulatory environment influencing utility construction.
· Experience of leading, inspiring and motivating an operational team.
· Analytical Thinking: Sees multiple relationships and dependencies, identifying several likely solutions or procedures to address relevant project issues
· Initiative: Proactively acts to identify value-added solutions that will enhance project delivery and addresses potential issues before they impact the project
· Leveraging Networks: Actively builds and maintains a network of effective relationships with project stakeholders, business leaders and external regulators
· Team Leadership: Promotes team effectiveness by soliciting input from team members on critical project dependencies and milestones, communicating expectations on project management capabilities of the team while providing support and guidance
· Adaptability: Is receptive to change and is willing to adjust workplans and schedules based on new requirements and direction from leadership
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
','Proj Mgmt & Constr','NY-Melville','','Proj Mgmt & Constr','Full-time','Mar 13, 2018','Apr 12, 2018','Manager - Gas Complex Construction/Project Management - NY
National Grid USA
Website : http://www.nationalgridus.com
We are an international electricity and gas company based in the UK and northeastern US. We play a vital role in connecting millions of people safely, reliably and efficiently to the energy they use. We are at the heart of one of the greatest challenges facing our society – delivering clean energy to support our world long into the future.