Requisition ID # 13793
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Salinas
Based in San Francisco, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, TOGETHER, BUILDING A BETTER CALIFORNIA is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
General Construction (GC) Electric Department constructs the larger type overhead and underground jobs that cannot be handled by the division construction crews. There is also a General Construction Field Engineering group that supports the crews. General Construction Electric crews typically have more employees and larger size equipment that can handle the larger size jobs. The crews and field engineers are deployed to where the work is located throughout the PG&E system.
The Field Engineer is an entry level engineering employee who contributes technical, operational, and engineering support to GC Operation employees and field personal during pre-construction activities.
During initial assignments, this position may be required to learn and perform all the duties of a Field Engineering Technician and Senior Field Engineering Technician.
With experience, assignments will expand to require supervision of Inspectors, other Field Engineers, Field Engineering Technicians, Senior Field Engineering Technicians, and other similar field personnel. Responsibilities may also include directing the activities of certain employees or crews on job assignments requiring engineering expertise; inspecting and monitoring the work of contractors in support of Construction Management to assure compliance with specifications and plans; auditing work under construction for current construction standards, rules, and regulations.
This position will work in both the field and office capacities, with occasional storm duty or storm response required. Travel within PG&E s service territory at any time with little notice may be required.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
Recommend and approve changes in construction drawings or specifications.
Coordinate engineering work between operating Divisions and General Construction. * Solve simple and complex engineering problems.
* Make engineering studies and analysis.
* Layout construction plans.
* Perform scheduling, budgeting, and forecasting.
* May be required to perform duties as an assistant supervisor when size of project requires.
* Direct the activities of employees or crews on job assignments requiring construction engineering expertise.
* Audit work under construction for current construction standards, rules, and regulations.
* Develop Project timelines and milestones; perform scheduling and forecasting.
* Support construction supervisor and inspector by providing technical and engineering expertise in the construction of the project.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction disciplines OR 2 years of engineering experience and supplemental education which establishes the ability to perform essential job duties*
* Must possess a valid California Driver's License or the ability to obtain one by first day of employment
* Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
* Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
* Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
* Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home
* Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Fire Retardant Clothing
* Supplemental education is defined as a minimum of 30 quarter or 20 semester units of coursework emphasizing science and engineering such as those listed with a mix of no less than three areas (transcripts needed for verification): Physics, Principles of Electricity, Chemistry, Statics, Surveying, Dynamics, Math -- including trigonometry and basic calculus.
Construction or surveying experience Previous experience with SAP, scheduling, Electric Construction Field Experience Ability to demonstrate intermediate Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and Office skills 6 months of previous electric construction background Experience in contracting, Contract Work Authorization and Change Order creation Experience in electric clearance submittals to Distribution Operations Engineer In Training (EIT) certificate AutoCAD or hand draft skills, preferably both Ability to demonstrate strong math and computer skills, strong written and verbal communication and an attention to detail
Want to be a sponsor?