Covanta is a world leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy. Covantas 45 Energy-from-Waste (EfW) facilities provide communities and businesses around the world with an environmentally sound solution to their solid waste disposal needs by using waste to generate clean, renewable energy. Covanta is a listed company under the symbol CVA.
Annually, Covantas modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely and securely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste into 9 million megawatt hours of clean renewable electricity and almost 9 billion pounds of steam that are sold to a variety of industries. Covantas facilities also recover 400,000 tons of metal per year for recycling.
To learn more about how Covantas facilities provide sustainable waste management for the communities it serves, visit ***************. Information on our facilities is available at *************************************** For career opportunities, visit ******************************* Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This employee reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- The supervisor will execute such tasks that support the generating of daily work plans and schedules. The supervisor will report on maintenance work productivity and performance as directed. The supervisor is required to accomplish such clerical activities as the reporting of the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance planning and execution.
- The supervisor will provide daily update and direction to operations department supervisors and technicians with regard to daily work plan priority changes or challenges and their resolution.
- The supervisor will be the point of contact for operations for the effort of daily, weekly and monthly work planning and backlog management.
- The supervisor may fill in for the maintenance manager as needed and work closely with the manager to see that the routine work planning is in line with the overall maintenance plan and cost management.
- Develop comprehensive Preventive Maintenance program and supervise and report on effectiveness.
- The supervisor is responsible to identify and address safety, environmental and performance issues, and to demonstrate strong leadership and motivational skills to encourage growth, development and continued improvement of individuals as well as the maintenance department as a whole.
- Plant is a 24/7 operation and the supervisor must be available for scheduled periods of on-call, work weekends, nights or any shift as assigned to support outages and plant equipment conditions.
Safety & Environmental Issues
- Complete yearly safety and environmental training as provided and required by Covanta SEMASS.
- Participate with the Structured Safety Process Program.
- Provide safety audit function for routine and major maintenance work.
- Assist in incident and accident investigations.
- Minimum 10 years experience in power plant maintenance including: industrial electrical generation and distribution systems, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems for various industrial process equipment, industrial programmable logic control and data acquisition systems. Strong background in project management, job planning, setup, execution, job cost and time estimating is desired. Evidence of skills in electrical and I/C cost and time estimating.
- Must have the ability to use technical manuals, internet, and/or vendors to find appropriate repair procedures and parts for the maintenance of plant equipment.
- Computer software experience such as Excel, Word, Projects, Maximo asset management and data management software.
- Experience and ability to supervise non-exempt personnel directly.
- Desire and ability to provide leadership to peer supervisors for daily and routine work direction.
- Desire and ability to mediate conflicting priorities among maintenance department personnel and between operations and maintenance departments.
- Must be able to wear a full face respirator and perform physical activities while wearing the respirator.
- Must be able to do a considerable amount of walking, kneeling or squatting, standing, and climbing to the various levels of the plant.
- May have to assist in lifting and/or performing repairs to equipment.
- Will have to enter the boilers, with or without scaffolding, to inspect boilers and check the status of work being performed.
Interpersonal and misc. skills
- Must have demonstrated a positive demeanor in dealing with employee population, contractors, and other departments (Operations, Engineering, etc.).
- Must have basic computer skills in order to write reports, create spread-sheets, administer timesheets, handle e-mail, etc.
- Must have the ability to lead others by example and motivate others to face challenging situations in a safe, positive, and efficient manner.
- Must be willing and able to deal with problems as they arise and work well under pressure. This includes disciplinary situations with employee population.
- Must have the ability and willingness to evaluate current maintenance practices and present alternatives to improve productivity, reduce repair costs, reduce down time, reduce material costs by employing any number of processes available including brainstorming with plant personnel, networking with other Covanta facilities and using outside contractors.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 6728
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Covanta: A world leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy Covanta Corporation (NYSE: CVA), is a world leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy. Covanta is a proud recipient of the Energy Innovator Award from the U.S. Department of Energys Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Covantas 40 Energy-from-Waste facilities provide communities and businesses around the world with an environmentally sound solution to their solid waste disposal needs by using waste to generate clean, renewable energy. With corporate offices located in Morristown, NJ, as well as facilities in 18 US states and 2 Canadian provinces, Covanta provides several opportunities for early career and experienced professionals in technical, non-technical and business areas across North America.Our employees are committed to health and safety, community responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence. In building and maintaining our workforce, we are guided by our talent-management strategy and the overall vision and direction of the company. Our goal is to recruit and retain individuals interested in carrying out our commitment to excellence and fully embrace our working guidelines, which include maintaining safe working environments that foster professional development, provide a platform for innovation, and promote diversity and creativity. We encourage and reward our employees by offering competitive benefits, training, recognition, and career development opportunities. If you are looking to make a difference in your career as well as the communities we serve in, take the first step by visiting *************** Contact Info
- West Wareham, MA
View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?