Baltimore, MD, United States
Bluecollar, Energy, Oil Gas
Apr 08, 2021
Jul 22, 2021
Job ID #: 21921
1 - 3 Years
High School Diploma
6262 -KM PHOENIX-CURTIS BAY 1 :TRMX
The Primary Purpose of the Terminal Operator is to accept pipeline and barge deliveries of liquid petroleum products, store products in tanks, and deliver product to customers at terminal truck loading racks.
• Accept pipeline and barge deliveries of liquid petroleum products and direct products to and store in proper tanks. Requires the use of computer / motor controlled equipment and / or the manual turning of valves on pipelines and manifolds.
• Maintain inventory and other information by computer and when necessary by climbing and gauging tanks and sampling product.
• Handling & testing liquid petroleum products
. • Load or assist in the loading of trucks.
• Perform or assist in the performance of preventive and regular maintenance duties.
• Coordinate product delivery with customers and truck drivers.
• Respond to call-out to perform trouble shooting or maintenance on facility equipment.
• Perform duties of a first responder in spill or emergency situations.
• Must have a Valid Drivers License and ability to obtain a Transportation Workers identification Card (TWIC)
. • Basic computer skills. (Send and receive email, create and maintain various records, manipulate motor controlled valves and perform other tasks involved in receiving products, directing to tanks, and making delivery to tank trucks.)
• Ability to manipulate motor controlled valves and perform other tasks involved in receiving products, directing products to tanks, and making delivery to tank trucks. • Ability to effectively communicate orally (face to face and by telephone) and in writing.
• Ability to accept supervision / direction and work effectively & co-operatively with other people. • Familiarity with and / or ability to learn to use basic hand tools and perform or learn to perform preventive and basic maintenance on terminal equipment.
• (Petroleum transportation, storage and distribution, electrical and or mechanical experience is a plus.) Working Conditions: • Work schedule as necessary (days, afternoon / evening, grave yard shifts) including overtime and call-outs as may be necessary
. • Work outside in all weather conditions. • Climb tank stairs, manually open and close valves, occasionally moving or lifting up to 100 lbs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Website : http://www.kindermorgan.com