* Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, leadership, and interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders, solve problems, and deliver results
* Effective verbal & written communicator
* 2 years experience with Matlab / Simulink
* 2 years experience with use of SysML for system requirements, architecture, and V&V modeling
* 2 years experience with software development & validation, preferably C
* Experience with design & validation of electro-mechanical systems, especially locomotive and/or off-highway vehicles and auxiliary systems
* Working knowledge of GE Transportation locomotives & control system hardware, applications & software
* Ability to multi-task & prioritize effectively
* Team player with ability to work with minimal direction
* Strong organizational skills and prior success in working with or leading cross-functional teams
* Ability and willingness to support hands-on validation in simulation laboratory and on-locomotive
* Ability and willingness to travel as required
Vehicle Control is a key subsystem of the locomotive, overseeing over a dozen critical system-level control functions such as trainline control and automatic engine start-stop, as well as on-board monitoring and diagnostics for the locomotive control system.
The Vehicle Control engineer is responsible for design and implementation of system-level controls algorithms and the control platform architecture for GE heavy haul, power haul and transit locomotives from inception through final product validation.
* Lead and execute the design and development for nest generation locomotive control systems (MCA) including function definition, requirements development, dynamic analysis, and failure modes analysis
* Review and refine system-level requirements to understand design intent and reconcile with control system capabilities
* Execute the analysis, design, test, and integration required to define and support assigned systems or functions to meet business standards and program / product requirements
* Define subsystem requirements to control applications, embedded software architecture, and hardware architecture to meet system-level functional requirements
* Specify interfaces among control functions within software, and among hardware components
* Utilize simulation lab and locomotive test assets to refine designs
* Support and interface with Independent Test Team (ITT) to resolve design defects and deliver a validated product
* Prepare and present technical design decisions and results to internal and external customers as necessary
* Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
* Plan work for assigned projects and product features as input to integrated project plans
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Drive process improvements and simplification initiatives to improve quality and productivity
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Computer Engineering
* Minimum of 3 years' engineering experience
At GE Transportation, we move the world. We
are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling
industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using
our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a
century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives.
That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of
transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that
keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago,
Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.