Chevron Corporation is one of the worlds leading energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and conducting business in approximately 180 countries, the company is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production; refining, marketing and transportation; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation.
Chevron Products Company is accepting online applications for the position of Experienced Journeymen Intstrumentation located in the Richmond, California Refinery through May 27, 2018 at 11:59 EST.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Instrumentation Mechanics are responsible for proper performance of work within reasonable time limits and in accordance with established procedures, regulations, safe practices, and all applicable codes
* Works in Process Plant and Instrument Shop environments
* Performs troubleshooting, preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance activities
* Disassembles repairs and assembles and installs instrumentation equipment as required
* Maintains and repairs process equipment
* Works safely and effectively using test equipment such as multimeters, signal generators and communicators
* Ability to troubleshoot industrial instrumentation including electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems
* Makes necessary craft computations and uses a computer
* Ability to read instrumentation drawings such as P & IDs and schematics
* Must be able to take initiative and work independently. Has ability to plan and organize own work
* Responsible for the safe and economic use of resources
* Looks for and acts on opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce costs
* Ability to display a comprehensive understanding of refinery policies and procedures
* Ability to grasp complex issues and apply good problem solving skills to develop recommendations/solutions
* Build positive working relationships with operators and other crafts, both internally and externally to Chevron
* This position requires driving on a routine basis
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Valid Drivers License
* Journey Level-Instrumentation - Must be able to provide proof
* Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization including Technical, Operations, and Maintenance
* Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of safe work practices and maintain a personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations
* 5 years working as Journey-Level Instrumentation
* A degree or certification in the Instrumentation field
NOTE: If selected to participate in the Pre-employment testing process with Chevron, you will be required to take the following battery of STANG timed tests:
Craft Specific Aptitude Assessment
Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems and apply general craft knowledge and principles to understand and implement solutions to various situations.
Hands on Skill Assessment
Measures the demonstrated abilities and knowledge of the Instrumentation fundamentals. (Is this accurate?)
Chevrons tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. Candidates should focus on their abilities, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
This job is a Safety Sensitive Position and is subject to Random Drug/Alcohol testing in addition to pre-employment background checks.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.chevron.com
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way—by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power and produce geothermal energy; provide renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and develop the energy resources of the future, including research into advanced biofuels.