**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Midstream Accountant based in Houston, TX.
This position will support the midstream development group, which builds, acquires and owns/operates midstream assets (primarily crude pipelines and terminals) for the company. The candidate should be an experienced professional with strong analytical skills whose performance demonstrates good judgment and execution of all the typical duties of accounting and financial analysis. The position requires communication with operations personnel to understand historical and future financial performance.
The job duties will include:
* Preparation of monthly financial analysis for management use (actuals vs budget/outlook for income statement, work with business unit to update monthly outlook).
* Assist assigned business units with the creation and updating of budgets and outlooks.
* Assist supervisor with review of legal contracts for proper accounting treatment.
* Work with supervisor, business unit personnel and IT to set up new business units.
* Assist with the preparation and analysis of cash forecast.
* Preparation of journal entries
* Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
* Special projects as assigned by supervisor or manager.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
* Five plus years of professional accounting experience, preferably in midstream operations and/or oil and gas industry.
* Must exhibit leadership potential and be capable of mentoring team members.
* Must have recent experience assisting with the creation and updating of annual budgets and monthly outlooks.
* Constantly seeks process improvement opportunities, proposes relevant process changes to improve efficiency, timeliness and reduce redundancy of work.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Must have a thorough understanding of relationship between balance sheet and income statement accounts.
* Employ Accounting and standard software skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to interact with management, other departments including operations, and external customers.
* Team oriented individual with initiative.
* Detail oriented individual who produces high quality work, which is completed timely.
* Ability to multitask several assignments simultaneously and establish job
* Some overtime required.
* Very strong computer skills
* Experience working in major ERP system environments
* Excel – advanced skills
* Access – intermediate to advanced skills
* CPA, or working towards a CPA
* SQL or similar query tool
* Knowledge of FERC reporting requirements
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status