Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company is accepting online applications for the position of Field Specialist at the Gas Gathering Production Team near Carlsbad, NM through January 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Actively supports Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Safe Practice Manual, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event
· Operates, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains oil and gas production equipment
· Perform duties (as detailed below) associated with oil and gas producing operations; including but not limited to Separation Equipment, Dehydration Units, and Compressors:
· Optimizing artificial lift systems
· Testing wells
· Acquires fluid level information
· Records keeping and data input
· Monitors computer control systems
· Tests safety devices
· Operates and monitors of SCADA
· Partners with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency
· Utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization
· Assures all work performed adheres to Chevrons Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements
· This position requires driving on a routine basis
· Other duties as assigned
· A minimum of six months current related experience in oil and gas, or related petrochemical industries
· Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends and holidays of assigned work schedule and overtime based on work load
· Must live within 50 miles of the work place or be willing to relocate and posses a valid drivers license. Company vehicle will not be available for commute
· Associates degree in Petroleum or Process Technology or related technology discipline
· Two years current related experience in oil and gas, or related petrochemical industries
· Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues
· Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of production and facility equipment
· Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation
· Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, SCADA, and an aptitude for learning new software packages
· Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers
· Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision
Relocation benefits will be considered within Chevron’s parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Website : http://www.chevron.com
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way—by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power and produce geothermal energy; provide renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and develop the energy resources of the future, including research into advanced biofuels.