Lead Engineer - HMI & Networking
Facilitate a “wing-to-wing” approach for Human Machine Interface (HMI) products and services by developing HMI and network solutions, engineering execution for projects and services. Work closely with business Lead and Senior Engineers to ensure best practices are applied to product development and projects.
This position requires an individual that possesses a desire to learn and use the following; visualization software for HMI applications, PC and Server hardware configuration, and communication network design and application. Responsibilities will include the following;
• Lead engineering execution of projects for HMIs, Data Historians, and network communications
• Design visualization objects and operator screen template layouts for various unit control applications including; steam turbine, compressor, generator, and balance of plant
• Develop standard PC software packages and configurations including; Operating System, Anti-Virus, and Backup & Restore
• Leads the development and contribute to improvement of processes and tools in HMI applications to help increase quality and reduce cycle time on controls projects.
• Involvement in resolution of PAC/CIR cases in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• 6-8 years’ work experience on Power generation/Oil & Gas control domain, familiar with control system and engineering process.
• Hands on experience in OC 4000 DCS, Nexus DCS
• Knowledge in the use of GE control systems (Mark VI/VIe, Nexus) and applications
• Strong background in HMI application software including Proficy iFix, Cimplicity, Historian based products
• 5 year experience in industrial control system design and application in power or oil & gas sector.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and application of HMI/Operator Interface screens and User Experience (UX) design principals
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems including; user account management, file management, security/system hardening & device control, and patch management.
• Computer skills in Windows based operating systems and applications including GE process control system applications using standard programming languages like function block diagram, sequential function chart, ladder diagram, VisualBasic etc.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft PowerShell scripting and PC/Server administration
• Demonstrated experience in the development and application of virtual machines in a Microsoft Windows operating environment.
• Experience with software development/programing using tools such as; VBA, Java, Python, HTML, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of network communication protocols including; Modbus, GSM, OPC (DA, AE, UA), DNP3, etc.
• Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards (GB, IEEE, ANSI, NEC, IEC, NFPA, CE, AEMC).
• Strong customer service mind-set.
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability and adept at communicating with several levels of the organization.
• Experience in interfacing with all levels of internal and external customers.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
India; Pune, Hyderabad
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
General Electric Jobs