Ammann & Whitney, Inc
Greenville, SC, United States
Energy, Oil Gas, Manager
LB Services is currently looking for a qualified Fuel Manager to fill a role at our corporate office location in Greenville, SC.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the fuel operations and on-site management of personnel on various contracts, to ensure high performance teams focused on safe and efficient fuel operations. They will assist the management and supervision of petroleum operations to include petroleum and distribution systems, inventory controls, quality assurance requirements, personnel scheduling, personnel qualification training, budgetary functions, repair and maintenance of equipment and structures, facility design and engineering requirements, permitting and environmental compliance at all state and federal levels.
Responsibilities - Other duties may be assigned:
· Interface with the operational activities at various contract location to maintain excellent communications with regard to operational capabilities, safety and environmental compliance, budgetary controls and other activities to ensure contractual requirements are met.
· Assist in bidding new business opportunities, to include technical, operational and pricing input.
· Lead transition and new contract start-up initiatives.
· Assist in ensuring assigned personnel are properly trained and meet qualifications to competently perform their duties. Orient new personnel with regard to internal personnel requirements (i.e. timekeeping, LBS policies, etc.), job specific duties, and location specific policies.
· Assist in on-site visits with contract personnel to optimize resources and facilities to meet the Performance Work Statement specifications.
· Prepare and submit reports or other verifying documentation as required for both local contract requirements and LBS requirements.
· Assist in ensuring that personnel maintain required safety training and perform their functions meeting prescribed safety standards, maintaining compliance with contract language. Document as required.
· Perform all necessary functions to effectively and efficiently manage the contracts assigned, communicating performance expectations, areas of accountability, training requirements, and feedback to on-site management on a regular basis.
· Understands and abides by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
· Performs all other duties prescribed by corporate management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The following are required skills upon hire for the position:
Hands on experience in bulk and retail fuel storage and distribution/facilities, mobile (aviation/ground) fuel servicing equipment, direct aviation/retail fuel servicing equipment, quality surveillance of aviation and ground fuel products, aviation and ground fuel inventory, accounting and administration.
Practical experience in the basic design and layout of petroleum facilities, component makeup and flow characteristics of storage piping systems, and the ability to read and understand basic drawings, blueprints, and system specifications is also required.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety of environments.Must be able to tactfully navigate delicate situations with finesse and sensitivity.
Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of motivation and drive to constantly perform at a high level of expertise.
Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand guidance for day to day work requirements.
Must have the ability to travel to current or prospective contract sites, sometimes on short-notice.
Education and Work Experience:
-The Fuel Manager shall have a minimum of five years of management experience gained within the last five years. Of these five years, three years of experience shall have been in bulk and retail storage, fuel servicing operations with an emphasis in equipment inspection, operation, maintenance, inventory management, and environmental compliance.
- Education may be substituted for all specialized experience. In order to substitute education for specialized experience, the minimum requirement is a Master\u2019s Degree in petroleum, industrial or business-related fields.
- The Fuel Manager should also be experienced in all quality surveillance testing with a working knowledge of MIL-STD- 3004 requirements.
- The Terminal Manager should be experienced in the accounting and inventory requirements of DoD 4140.25M.
- A keen attention to detail and self-motivation are a must.
- The candidate must be dependable, consistently at work and on time, follow instructions well, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- A demonstrated ability to monitor their own work to ensure accuracy and quality is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required, demonstrated by the ability to create spreadsheets and other written communication.
Ammann & Whitney, Inc