Lead Project Manager
Our team is focused on driving speed and simplification to enable big wins in the marketplace. The Project Manager will serve as the logistical interface for strategic Current powered by GE customers and coordinates internal deliverables to ensure that customer commitments are being met.
• Manage all aspects of multiple projects (up to 3) of varying degrees of complexity, from start to finish. Potential ownership of one or more phases of a large scale, complex project.
• Design, communicate, and implement an operational plan for project completion that ensures work is finished on time and within budget.
• Monitor progress and performance against project plans. Define and collect metrics to translate project progression and measure customer satisfaction of deliverables.
• Effectively manage timeline and resources to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget. Take action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
• Partner cross-functionally with Sales, Product Management, Commercial Services, Technology, Supply Chain and channel partners to successfully execute project initiatives.
• Leverage cross-functional relationships to ensure seamless coordination in maximizing service and responsiveness to customer requirements.
• Establish regular communication pattern to share information and updates with internal and external stakeholders throughout the duration of the project.
• Coordinate Project Specialist activities and set priorities to align with project targets. Monitor progress to ensure timely completion.
• Ensure senior management approval of changes to scope.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, entrepreneurship or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Proven experience in project or program management, customer fulfillment and/or other commercial functions preferably in construction industry
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with project-level leadership both internal to GE and externally with customers
• Excellent organizational, task prioritization and communication skills. Strong leadership qualities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Excel
• Excellent English and communication skills required - both written and verbal
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Six Sigma green belt
• Strong business and financial acumen
• In-depth knowledge of the process & steps required to turn a customer inquiry into a confirmed purchase order, as well as ensuring on-time order shipment, installation per customer requirements, and follow through to ensure customer needs are met
• Working knowledge of industry-wide Project Management software
• Previous experience developing financial analysis models to meet customer ROI and Life Cycle Cost goals
Current, powered by GE, will meet the unique needs of a wide range of utility, Commercial & Industrial and municipal customers and provide them with Predix enabled hardware and software they need to be more reliable, efficient, and profitable. Current will deliver a combination of financing with GE's physical and digital capabilities across energy efficiency, solar, storage, and onsite power.
United Kingdom; London, Manchester
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
General Electric Jobs