Covanta is a world leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy. Covanta's 45 Energy-from-Waste (EfW) facilities provide communities and businesses around the world with an environmentally sound solution to their solid waste disposal needs by using waste to generate clean, renewable energy. Covanta is a listed company under the symbol CVA.
Annually, Covanta's modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely and securely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste into 9 million megawatt hours of clean renewable electricity and almost 9 billion pounds of steam that are sold to a variety of industries. Covanta's facilities also recover 400,000 tons of metal per year for recycling.
To learn more about how Covanta's facilities provide sustainable waste management for the communities it serves, visit www.covanta.com
. Information on our facilities is available at http://www.covanta.com/facilities.aspx
. For career opportunities, visit http://www.covanta.com/careers
. Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek a dedicated individual who, while working under the direct supervision of the Shift Supervisor, will be responsible for monitoring and controlling all plant systems on a continuous basis. This position will respond to alarms, by taking appropriate corrective actions, and execute approved plant shutdown and start-up procedures, to assure that the plant meets its operational, environmental and safety commitments while operating in a safe and environmentally efficient manner.
To be considered for the position, the individual must have five years directly related power industry experience with progressive technical and supervisory responsibilities and possess:
• Associate’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience, coupled with basic computer, blueprint, P&ID, schematic specifications and vendor requirement reading experience.
• Strong leadership and excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to problem solve and make good decisions.
• The capability to manage critical events and prioritize in an emergency, providing clear direction in operational, safety, and environmental tasks.
• The ability to manage operations crew personnel; work in closed quarters and confined spaces; climb ladders and structures; lift and carry up to 50 pounds; and tolerate heights and high temperatures.
• Thorough understanding, of the Auxiliary Operator and Control Room Operators’ duties and responsibilities, and be capable of standing watch in any of these subsidiary positions.
• A valid driver’s license.
The candidate must also be able to obtain the ASME’s QRO Provisional Certification within six months and pass the test within 12 months.
Website : http://www.covantaenergy.com