Job Location: Kiewit Corporation, Lenexa, KS, 66219, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Electrical Engineer Intern Ki...
| Jobs In Electrical Eng...
| Jobs In Electrica...
**Date:** Feb 7, 2018
**Location:** Lenexa, KS, US
**Requisition ID: 71534**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
• Checking manufacturer's wiring drawings, one-line diagrams, schematics, data sheets and similar drawings
• Researching and analyzing requirements from various engineering standards, contracts and proposal documents
• Preparing basic engineering calculations and drawings following Kiewit Power Engineers standards
• Providing draft equipment specifications for major electrical equipment
• Performing bid evaluations
• Coordinating electrical equipment contracts directly with equipment vendors
• Maintaining engineering records and lists as required
• Developing and managing cable and termination information utilizing plant design software
• Coordinating work with other engineers, designers, project managers, construction personnel and vendors
• Developing familiarity with departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit Power Engineers policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. The individual will develop familiarity with and learn to use the electrical department design software tools.
**EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE**
The individual must:
• Be pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering and in good standing from ABET accredited institution
• Demonstrate interest in power systems engineering
• Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
• Be a team player
*Prefer individuals with junior or senior standing in ABET accredited program
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Overland Park
**Nearest Secondary Market:** Kansas City
**Job Segment:** Intern, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Entry Level, Engineering
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."