Chevron is one of the worlds leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Land Representative - Ownership and Systems, located in Houston, Texas, through May 20, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # ******
Land Representatives in Ownership and Systems are responsible for utilizing land systems and other relevant sources to timely and accurately provide analytical, system, and business advice on a wide variety of Land Ownership activities.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Create and administer Company (and others) Divisions of Ownership for revenues, royalties, rents, taxes and joint interest billings in Land and Revenue Systems.
* Determine Divisions of Ownership by examining title documents, legal opinions, leases, operating agreements, unit agreements, pooling and spacing orders, etc.
* Participate in acquisition and sales efforts, data migration and data integrity projects
* Review title documents and utilize Land systems including PRA, FileNet, QLS and QGIS to timely and accurately maintain owner(s) account information and interest in producing properties maintained by Chevron.
* Lease analysis and producing property review projects
* Research and process Outside Division Orders
* Review and resolve suspense items on >$10K report for geographic area and beyond
* Interest owner projects
* System transaction reviews and validations
* Understand Ownership transfer documents and process
* Manage business associate data and ownership and funds transfers, requesting additional title documents when required
* Work with other departments to resolve owner inquiries
* Manage tax withholding, suspense and escheat in accordance with state and IRS rules
* Apply Quality principles and techniques to day-to-day work and demonstrates Chevron Way values. Able to clearly present results to supervisor and peers. Identifies and recommends improvements to work processes.
* Bachelors degree.
* Knowledge of Land Lease and Ownership management systems.
* Ability to analyze system set ups and agreements to validate data integrity and make appropriate updates; develop and present training materials; document processes.
* Knowledge of oil and gas lease, revenue, royalty, tax and other contractual rights and obligations, processes and practices.
* Knowledge of oil and gas statutes, case law and federal, Indian and state regulations
* Understand oil and gas marketing arrangements and their impact on Divisions of Ownership.
* Ability to analyze, recommend and/or perform a variety of system, ownership and Land agreement review, maintenance, and update activities
* Knowledge and understanding of Ownership and some Land processes, procedures, and guidelines, with a focus on timeliness and accuracy, when completing tasks.
* Demonstrates strong teamwork skills within work group and in partnering with internal and external customers and can lead small focus groups.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
* Bachelors degree in Energy Management, Petroleum Management or Business.
* Demonstrated ability to build strong constructive working relationships.
* High level of organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to handle many high-priority tasks simultaneously.
* Able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
* Familiar with Land mapping systems and processes.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this positon.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.chevron.com
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way—by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power and produce geothermal energy; provide renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and develop the energy resources of the future, including research into advanced biofuels.