Software Engineer - Computational Geometry
As a Computational Geometry Software Engineer you will be collaborating with Engineering & manufacturing to develop the next generation applications for Additive Manufacturing. You will be actively researching & implementing the algorithms in computational geometry to advance state of art of CAD Design & Mfg softwares. You should exhibit strategic thinking, be self-motivated and collaborative with software teams and users.
• Develop and support Computational geometry algorithms for a variety of optimization problems in the areas of additive CAD design & manufacturing.
• Develop innovative applications to improve the CAD performance & better functionalities
• Work collaboratively with the Project team and functional team in the development of tools (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment activities)
• Ensure on-time completion of project deliverables and adhere to defined project management, quality management processes and tools practices.
• Effectively communicate with global user groups, functional owners & project leaders to execute on the project.
• Actively contribute in the development of better processes and work towards developing best practices
• Ability to convert user requirements into code, make suggestion for better functionality
• 2 years experience or course work in developing 2D/3D/computational geometry algorithms.
• A bachelor/Master’s degree or higher in a Mechanical, computer science, mathematics or related field.
• Proven experience in C and C , C#, Python
• Any CAD customization experience preferably NX
• Strong geometry/mathematics background & familiarity with solvers like Eigen, MKL, OpenMesh, Unity3d etc.
• Exposure to Agile project management techniques and SDLC
• Experience in CAD customization
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
India; Bengaluru, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
General Electric Jobs