Are you passionate about building solutions for today's aging power infrastructure? Have you designed and developed systems for industrial automation or smart utilities? Are you excited to optimize the electrical grid of the future - on the AWS Cloud?
AWS is transforming the way AWS Power & Utility customers optimize their power assets to deliver cost-effective, clean power across the globe. AWS will enable electric utilities, energy suppliers, and software providers to launch innovative applications that improve power asset efficiency, reliability, and security.
AWS is looking for a talented and passionate Energy Systems Engineer to work directly with Power and Utility customers to design, build, and scale solutions for energy generation systems. You will make a large impact on these customer's design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge technologies built on AWS. You collaborate with customer development teams and AWS product and partner resources to deliver innovative, tailored solutions. You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and will develop proof of concepts, iterate, and improve. You create extendable design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Be a subject-matter expert (SME) in developing cloud-based systems that integrate with legacy power generation technologies
• Work collaboratively with internal AWS teams and partners to execute customer proof of concepts that address customer use-cases in the power and utilities electricity generation segment
• Build technical solutions to address specific customer implementation needs in the proof of concepts
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• 2 years of experience in energy sector and familiar with Power and Utilities enterprise IT environments
• Experience with system integration to common energy solutions such as EMS, OMS, SCADA, and GIS
• Understanding of data management, including real-time/streaming data, data warehousing and data cleansing
• Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills and attention to details
• Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Master's Degree (MS) - Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• 2 years in enterprise cloud computing environments
• Experience with intermittent generation forecasting and asset management
• Experience programming applications backed by AWS services, including AWS IoT, ML, OpenEMR, Greengrass
• Experience managing code repositories and automation of configuration management tasks
• Experience with a broad range of energy-specific technologies such as AMI, MDMS, ADMS, and OASIS; and energy-specific standards and protocols such as CIM, DNP3, Orange Button, and IEC 61400-25
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues or customers
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation