Job Location: Kiewit Corporation, Lenexa, KS, 66219, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Civil Engineer Intern Kiewit ...
| Jobs In Civil Engineer...
| Jobs In Civil Eng...
**Date:** Feb 8, 2018
**Location:** Lenexa, KS, US
**Requisition ID: 71563**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
• Assist in the evaluation, selection, and application of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria for site development projects.
• Design for an assigned system that may include analysis, calculations, research, selection, layout, etc. necessary to develop required design documents.
• Utilize knowledge of departmental design standards and applicable engineering codes to review prepared drawings and documents for conformance; work with civil designers to ensure quality procedures are followed.
• Assist in design efforts with all project personnel in all disciplines and departments ranging from moderate to large or complex projects.
• Collaborate with entry and mid-level employees for skills development; review work progress and results and provide direction as needed.
• Utilize basic civil engineering software packages and computer-aided drafting software in accordance with industry codes and standards.
• Collaborate with various discipline and subsidiary groups to provide expertise and support business needs.
• Provide recommendations and suggestions on designs as well as processes and standards.
• Work closely with Kiewit construction partners in a collaborative manner to ensure total project success.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form. Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to interpret multi-discipline engineering and vendor documents. Must be able to represent Kiewit Engineering and Design in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit Engineering and Design organization.
Knowledge of basic spreadsheet, database, word processing programs and basic computer operation.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a Civil Engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program.
COMPUTER SKILLS Must be capable of utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (MicroStation, AutoCAD, GeoPak, NavisWorks), and have a basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems. Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests. Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Overland Park
**Nearest Secondary Market:** Kansas City
**Job Segment:** Civil Engineer, Intern, Construction, Engineer, Drafting, Engineering, Entry Level
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."