Lead Engineer - Customer Project Engineering
As the Lead Customer Project Engineer you will take ownership and Designing Nexus of control systems for Plant controls, Steam turbine driven generators and compressors projects. In this role, you will be focused on controls engineering requisitions for HRSG, BOP, Simple Cycle, combined cycle Power plants and steam turbine Compressors and associated HMI systems with responsibilities for coordinating with internal / end customers.
The successful individual in this position will have expert level understanding of the entire control system as well as the fundamentals of turbine, generator, auxiliaries, and how these fundamental systems interact with the control system to deliver optimum value to the customer.
• Support global projects requisition, design engineering, validation and commissioning of control systems for Nexus Plant Controls projects
• Develop and apply advanced control technologies to plant applications (i.e. ITCC, HRSG, ST and BOP)
• Collaborate with Controls Global Project Controls Engineers (PCEs), PDR reviewers and other members of the controls Solutions team
• Drive strong sense of ownership, accountability and urgency within the team in meeting critical business metrics, including: Process Change Orders, On Time Deliverable, Drawings revisions, Request For Info, Customer Issue Resolution, Safety, Quality Management System and Compliance
• Own and execute on deliverable to create value for our customers
• Drive regulatory compliance rigor and maintain a no-excuses leadership culture with integrity and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
• Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests with customers
• Support site installations and with travel to customer sites
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, I&C or related Engineering discipline from an accredited university or college with 8 -10 experience in Engineering or Commissioning of control system.
• Demonstrate ability to meet goals and objectives
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to independently drive projects to completion
• Experience in power generation requisition, working with customers, project management and Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC)
• Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, HRSG, and/or Plant controls knowledge / experience
• Engineering / commissioning experience Non-GE Steam turbine, compressor controls
• Proven track record of working with global customers
• Prior experience with OC4000 or Nexus DCS system
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
India; Pune, Hyderabad
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
General Electric Jobs