GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at ****EEO combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE's footprint in the Commercial Solar PV is expanding. As a PV Designer / Engineer you will primarily support activities related to the design and construction of commercial, behind-the-meter solar PV plants. You will join a team of dedicated solar enthusiasts with an eye on keeping costs low while maximizing customer value.
- Conduct detailed customer site assessments for solar feasibility
- Electrical design of PV plants and monitoring systems 3-Line drawing creation
- Creation of Mechanical system layouts
- Develop cost estimates of PV plants
- Support project proposal development
- Support customer meetings as technical representative
- Identify new products to stay in compliance with national and local codes
- Hands on participation in project deployments, monitoring, and debugging activity of key test sites
- Performance modeling of PV systems
- Technical support in assistance of business and market development needs
- Complete interconnect and incentive application packages
- Interact with and oversee subcontractors during construction phase.
- Ability to manage the full EPC contractor during project life.
PV Specific Requirements:
- Extensive AutoCAD experience drafting 1 and 3 line diagrams
- B.S. in electrical engineering
-(A) Solar PV project design/build history and minimum (1) years experience in solar/power industry (B) Electrical experience with utility requirements relating to design and implementation of power distribution systems is preferred
- Proficient with understanding of NEC code, CEC , building codes, structural codes, etc
- Experience with monitoring and communications systems, weather stations
- Experience with PVSYST or other PV modeling software
- Experience with grid connected distribution such as generator, UPS or battery systems a plus
- Familiarity with all MS Office products
- Strong Analytical skills
- Technically self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- Strong technical writing ability.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- NABCEP or other certifications are a plus
- Revit, Sketch up a plus
**Locations:** United States; California
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.