Company Name: MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
Location Name: Carlsbad, NM
Location Address: 5217 Sierra Vista, Carlsbad, NM, United States (US), 88220
Education Level: Bachelors Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
This positions primary focus is to conceptualize, design, coordinate and manage through start-up, the construction of midstream natural gas facilities including meter stations, valve sites, pipelines, compressor stations, gas plants and other related facilities. All work will be performed in compliance with company standards, procedures, and government requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with draftsmen, pipe designers, and engineers to develop accurate and concise P & ID, PFD, cause/effect and other drawings as required by the project. Reviews and approves all drawings up through construction
- Must be able to develop project scopes, estimate project costs, and prepare funding requests
- Must be proficient in developing project budgets and controlling costs.
- Must be able to prepare bid requests and evaluate such based on sound engineering and business principles
- Must be able to handle assignments and projects with minimal supervision and complete within acceptable time standards
- Must be capable of providing equipment specifications per MarkWest standards and procure appropriate materials for projects.
- Perform line sizing calculations
- Sizing of equipment, i.e. heat exchangers, pumps distillation tower, filtration equipment, etc.
- Participate in HAZOPs
- Assist Business Development in the preliminary design and cost estimates of proposed facilities
- Must have broad knowledge of natural gas processing and operations.
- This position requires a degree in Engineering from a 4-year accredited college or university, 5 years experience preferred
- Current valid drivers license required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials and Equipment Used:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, phone, fax, copier, map printer/plotter and analytical electronic devices, and operate a motor vehicle.
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nations second-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.9 million barrels per calendar day in its six-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,600 independently owned retail outlets across 20 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nations second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Primarily through MPLX, MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude oil and light product pipelines. Also through MPLX, MPC has ownership interests in gathering and processing facilities with approximately 5.9 billion cubic feet per day of gathering capacity, 8.2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas processing capacity and 610,000 barrels per day of fractionation capacity.
MPCs fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the companys distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Job Function: MarkWest
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at ************. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (MPC) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Facilities, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Operations, Engineering
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?