Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the worlds leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Engine Laboratory Engineer located in Richmond, CA California.
The Chevron Richmond Engine Laboratory (CREL) is a customer-focused service group that supports client research activities used to develop and evaluate performance of fuels (gasoline/diesel) and fuel additives. Lab facilities include engine test stands, vehicle testing lanes, a test vehicle fleet, mechanics garage and support facilities, including specialized analytical equipment. The Engine Lab Engineer will support all aspects of the lab including management and execution of technical projects. This position reports to the Engine Lab Manager and organizationally reports up through Fuels Technology & Additives (FT & A) within Energy Technology Company (ETC).
- Support research and development programs focused on evaluating the performance of new and existing gasoline and gasoline fuel additive formulations in engines and vehicles utilizing lab resources. Performance evaluation includes deposit control, fuel economy, and emissions (both gaseous and particulate).
- Lab Client Technical Service - Create or modify test procedures to meeting client test objectives by understanding requirements, designing control strategies, authoring test instructions and implementing changes. Provide operational test data analyses for each test run in the lab, notify clients of problems and make procedural or operational changes to correct the deficiency
- Test Facility Commissioning and Facility Project Management - Manage assigned facility projects, both CapEx & OpEx supporting research objectives including: Development of scope, specifications and technical design. Supervision of field construction. Resolution of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and control system issues, as they arise. Commission test facility, ensuring facility is capable of intended function and update documentation & drawings to reflect the completed project scope
- Interface with OEMs, industry consortia, and external engine testing laboratories to implement standardized engine test facilities and testing protocols in the lab
- Support engine lab staff technical competency development through development/delivery of training materials, on-the-job training, and coordination of external resource presentations
- Support and champion Operational Excellence (OE) & Safe Work Practice (SWP) initiatives through implementation in lab work processes (i.e. Management of Change (MOC) & Isolation of Hazardous Energy (IHE)) and training of operations staff
- Participate in various work groups and committee forums with the purpose of improving test quality, reducing downtime, and cost efficiency.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical strongly preferred)
- Knowledge on the practical operation of modern automotive gasoline engines, including critical engine systems, engine component function and design, and failure diagnostics.
- Knowledge on the theoretical operation of modern automotive gasoline engines, including combustion, emissions, and lubrication fundamentals.
- Demonstrated project management and execution skills, including the ability to work independently, with excellent project planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, in the development and presentation of proposals, and performance results.
- Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills that illustrate a passion for teamwork and collaboration when appropriate.
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering w/ focus in Engine Systems or Combustion Technology
- Experience developing and implementing complex internal combustion engine R & D testing programs.
- A minimum of 1 year of fuel additives or automotive industry experience, with focus on fuels, additives, and engine combustion/emissions.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the worlds leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way - by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, were focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
Were committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. Were also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Ways focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, youll find a workplace committed to your professional development. Youll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees and contractors skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzones Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.chevron.com
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way—by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power and produce geothermal energy; provide renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and develop the energy resources of the future, including research into advanced biofuels.