Requisition ID # 14581
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Francisco
Based in San Francisco, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, TOGETHER, BUILDING A BETTER CALIFORNIA is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E.
An employee who works alone and without direct supervision performing the following compliance related work:
* Larger Scale/Complex Locate and Mark projects
* Provide oversight to third-party problematic excavator worksites
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
* Initiates Gas Corrective forms for abnormal operating conditions found in field.
* Completes required paperwork to make corrections / updates to Gas Mapping when discrepancies are found in the field.
* Performs larger scale/complex Locate and Mark projects, delineates work area, and calls USA for grade one immediate response work.
* DOT-Operations/Maintenance AND Emergency
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam, prior to applying for the position.
External and Hiring Hall Candidates: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam, prior to interviewing.
Desired: * Previous experience in Gas and Electric locate and mark and/or leak surveying; and construction.
* Must attend and pass Utility Worker Training course, provided by PG&E, during the initial weeks of employment.
* To better represent the communities we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 30 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference.
* Previous Military experience.
* Graduation from a PowerPathway Program is preferred.
* Current or past work experience with PG&E and/or Hiring Hall.
* Previously or currently Operator qualified in locate and mark by Veriforce or equivalent
* Minimum of 1 year of utility or related experience.
Want to be a sponsor?