Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? Be part of what’s next!
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a highly respected global designer and manufacturer of diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense and general industrial applications. Since our founding in 1942, we have been known as innovators - crossing new frontiers in all the markets we serve. We continue to pioneer products and solutions through application of our technologies across industry boundaries. Oil States recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset and we offer employee programs that enrich and protect our employees.
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of Machine Operator I.
This entry level position prepares and operates press machines to process and produce a high quality rubber product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Makes certain all materials for production are available.
• Loads hot molds with rubber and puts molds in press.
• Removes parts from molds.
• Inspects parts.
• Cleans molds and equipment.
• Records time and temperature data.
• Changes molds when necessary.
• Effectively run one line with multiple presses.
• Attain a minimum 80% average operator efficiency on assigned line.
• Attain a maximum 4% or less average scrap rate on assigned line
• Will be required to work over time if needed to continue production on any shift.
• Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
• High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
• Must be able to follow instructions.
• Basic comprehension of written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic mathematical skills (addition/subtraction, multiplication/division).
• Prolonged standing.
• Lifting, pulling and carrying in excess of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in temperatures of over 100 degrees
Other benefits the company offers:
• Shift premium paid for some shifts
• 2 weeks paid vacation (prorated for first year)
• 10 company paid holidays
• Eligible to participate in the company’s Bonus Plan
• Paid sick leave
• Competitive medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance plans
• 401k company match
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)