Many attempts to draw power from renewable energy sources have already occurred in various forms so energy jobs vary greatly as some companies are focused on carbon footprints and hiring carbon auditor to track emission and emission reduction efforts and advice is offered to improve it while some jobs are involved in developing more efficient energy production and transmission techniques. While more green buildings are built, so are increasing demands for planners, architects, and energy control managers to work with energy friendly structures and farm experts to covert biomass into energy rich fuels and genetically modified foods.
Renewable energy jobs can be found in water-powered electrical plants, atomic and nuclear energy facilities, and dams as renewable energy are harnessed from different sources as sunlight, wind, water, the earth's geothermal heat and organic matter to provide unlimited source of fuel or power. This industry has a vast group of sub industries that offer employment opportunities to job seekers with different educational background to research, install, develop, and promote renewable energy as well as do administrative support to workers. Research showed that an estimated 30,000 new jobs will be provided in the next two decades for engineers, architects, farmers, scientists, mechanics, technicians, sales workers, lawyers, public affairs specialists, and business people.
Most of the energy jobs require specialized training in biology, physics, science, engineering, and other technical field because the job requires high-level skills and require a great deal of computer work, designs, site visiting and field work to determine how the technology interacts with elements. Do not be discouraged from seeking employment in this industry if you don't have these specialties because they are also in need of employees to do accounting, marketing, customer service, contract management, and human resources. Getting your feet in the door could prove lucrative and advantageous as there will be industry growth for many years to come. The average salary for various energy jobs vary greatly depending on the industry but the job pays from $32,000 to $100,000. Utility jobs are also doing their work well as they keep the world working smoothly but while career in utilities vary the services they provide in natural gas, water, and electricity are considered necessities.
Safety in the workplace is the number one rule in working in energy jobs because it means protecting the safety, health, and welfare of the employees in the workplace by preventing accidents and injuries.
- There are programs designed to ensure safety and the key is to determine if there is an existing hazard in the worksite and once the hazard is identified, steps should be taken to avoid potential accidents.
- If your job required working with hazardous chemicals, be sure to wear eye goggles, protective clothing, and shoes and install emergency washing stations and keep first aid supplies handy.
- Once you have identified the hazards, mitigate solutions and give employees the safety training including instructions to use safety equipments, how to perform safety inspections and report any accidents when they occur.
- Allow official government agencies to do official inspections to evaluate and ensure that the jobsite and the equipments are used properly for the safety of the employees.
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety regulations in all undertakings and undertake safety audits, risk assessments, incident investigations and keep abreast with the latest developments of health and safety legislation.
- Attend in-house training with employees regarding health and safety issues, respond to consultations, design, and support prevention and training measures, and develop appropriate safety standards, preparation and dissemination of documents as well as reporting information and emergency management.